The Heikoff Giant Dome Theater is temporarily closed through the end of October 2023 as we enhance our accommodations for an even more extraordinary experience at the Fleet Science Center.
The Fleet Science Center helps keep kids engaged with exciting Spring Adventure Camps
San Diego, CA—The Fleet Science Center offers a full week of camps to help keep kids active and engaged during the upcoming spring break. Students in grades 1–3 can learn about science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) while experimenting with hydropower, exploring ocean chemistry and learning about extreme climates with the Fleet's Spring Adventure Camps.
The Fleet's Spring Adventure Camps are offered every day from Monday, March 28, through Friday, April 1. The camps take place at the Fleet and feature a full day of fun and educational, hands-on activities for kids in grades 1 through 3. Registration for Spring Adventure Camps is now open. Camps run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Prices for the full week of camps are $250 for members and $275 for nonmembers.
A full description of Spring Adventure Camp activities is included below. More information can also be found on our website: www.fleetscience.org/events/spring-camps.
Full Camp Descriptions
Spring Adventure Camps
- March 28: In the Ocean—Explore the big blue ocean, including water chemistry, boat building and more.
- March 29: In the Air—Up, up and away! This camp will get you fascinated about flying objects and weather from above.
- March 30: Thinking Green—Experiment with hydropower, water filters and learn how to upcycle materials to help reduce unnecessary waste.
- March 31: The Great Outdoors—Rocks, trees, animal identifiers and more make this camp exciting for any adventurer.
- April 1: Extreme Conditions—Learn about extreme climates, like deserts and tundra, and discover what humans do to tolerate extreme situations.