The Fleet Science Center is excited to reopen its building doors to the public on Friday, July 3
San Diego, CA—The Fleet Science Center building is excited to announce the reopening of the building and safely welcome guests to explore the exhibit galleries and IMAX® films. The Fleet will reopen for Fleet members only on Wednesday, July 1, and Thursday, July 2. Followed by our reopening to the general public on Friday, July 3.
Guided by the recommendations of state, city and county public health officials and the input from employees and members, the Fleet Science Center has developed a comprehensive plan to welcome employees, volunteers and visitors safely into the building.
The Fleet will monitor the efficacy of these guidelines in real-time and make further adjustments as needed:
- All visitors ages 2 and up, employees and volunteers are required to wear a mask or face covering and practice physical distancing while in the building.
- Increased frequency of sanitization with our hospital-grade Protexis Electrostatic Disinfecting Sprayers throughout the day. High-traffic areas will close for 10 minutes for a deep clean.
- The Heikoff Giant Dome Theater will be open with reduced capacity. Every other row will be blocked off and require three empty seats in between people in different households.
- Kid City will be open for our 5 and under friends with additional cleanings several times a day. Sanitizing stations have been installed and maximum capacity is set to 12 people (adults and kids) at a time.
- Some exhibits may be set up in different areas to provide more space for exploration.
- In order to reduce time standing in line, online ticket purchases are encouraged.
- The Craveology Café and North Star Science Store processes have been updated in compliance with County public health restaurant and retail guidelines.
For a full set of cleaning and building protocols, please visit www.fleetscience.org/health-safety.
Fleet Science Center’s dedication to ensuring that all San Diegans remain connected to the power of science, whether in person or online, remains unwavering. Teams are working tirelessly to prepare for the building’s reopening and to safely welcome visitors back.